Experienced in logistics operation field
Good in English communication required
Able to work at DC Makro Mahachai
To manage the warehouse operations of new or expansion of DC (Distribution Centre) to ensure smooth and effective operations in order to achieve the set objectives, targets, and goals within the set budget.
Key Activities | Impact:
- Implement operational strategies with direct impact on the objectives and on the operational results of the DC within the scope of responsibility.
- Make decisions and recommendations in order to achieve operational and cost effective results, prevent delays in assigned work, and eliminate the risks of considerable expenditures of time, human resources and/or funds.
Key Activities | Customers & Stakeholders:
- Accountable to his/her direct superior for the delivery of operational results
- Provide support and coordination to peers on the implementation of company policies, programs and initiatives required of his/her involvement
- Assist superiors in maintaining and enhancing relations with the customers.
- Meet and communicate with the customers on a regular basis in order to understand and fulfill their requirements
- Provide leadership support to his/her operational teams
Key Activities | Problem Complexity & Process:
- Coordinate and control the operations activities in the DCs of responsibility
- Work closely with the Contract Manager – Logistics; in managing DCs in accordance with determined methodologies
- Drive and closely control DCs within the scope of responsibility to ensure that the operational teams provide smooth warehouse operations and stays within the budget
- Recommend an organizational structure for the respective DCs which clearly outlines responsibilities and accountabilities
- Identify where the operations should be improved – then, develops and implements initiatives and processes for warehouse operations
- Identify and analyze operational problems in the respective DCs and develops solutions to enhance operations
- Set KPIs, targets, and goals for monitoring and evaluating operations and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure that appropriate operations-related information is correctly and efficiently stored and processed and made available at all times
- Drive and control the effective use of the DCs resources in order to stay within an approved budget
- Ensure that the respective DCs comply with prevailing legal and statutory requirements in all aspects.
- Develop a culture of quality, service excellence, and cost consciousness in the respective DCs
- Procure transportation services and provides controls to ensure effective and on-time delivery of goods
- Coordinate and control outsourced labor providers to continuous and reliable services
- Provide managerial controls over the use of tools and equipment to ensure that they are in good working condition and sufficiently available and ready for use at all times
- Participate in safety committee initiatives – allows and support staff to participate in safety committees as required.
- Advise and trains employees to carry out potentially hazardous work practices
- Ensure that the employees comply with the rules, regulations, instructions, orders or measures relating to work safety.
- Conduct Hazard Analysis with Safety Committees and inform the employees of the hazards in the workplace.
- Check the performances of the place of operations according to the work plan, project or measures on work safety.
- Comply with company HS&E policy and procedures.
- Ensure the conduct of annual drills of emergency and evacuation as required by the law or company policy.
- Key Activities | People Management:
Oversee overall people processes within the scope of responsibility to ensure compliance with Human Resource policies
- Estimate staffing needs and schedules and assigns work to subordinates
- Coordinate with the HR Department in the recruitment and selection process of managerial positions
- Develop and evaluates performance targets and goals
- Provide leadership and motivation to all staff within the scope of responsibility
- Identify and supports subordinates in training and development needs
- romote career development
- Ensure the promotion of discipline amongst employees within the scope of responsibility
- Manage underperformance of subordinates
- Minimum 10 years of experience in warehouse operations / logistics & supply chain management
- Strong experience background in managing fresh food/ambient or chilled product required.
- Experienced in managing people in various operations from middle to large scale
- Customer service / customer relationship management required
- Project management with strategic thinking skills
- Cross-cultural management skills
- Good presentation skill and ability to communicate effectively in English
- Financial and budgeting skills, experienced in P&L Management
- Negotiation skills
- Able to work at DC Makro Mahachai, Samutsakorn is a must
If you interest , please contact Khun Kornake Sararit (firstname.lastname@example.org)